It doesn’t matter if you’re a professional welder or just beginning your first welding project. In order to get the job done right you’re going to need the right welding supplies. From welding protection to welding clamps, USWeldingSupply.com has great deals on all of the welding supplies you’ll need for every type of welding task.
Safety is an important part of welding, and there are precautions that every welder must take.
- Arc rays are dangerous. The ultraviolent light they produce can badly harm your eyes, while the flying sparks and spatter can burn your skin. Protect your eyes and face with the right welding supplies, such as a filtered welding helmet, welders cap, safety glasses with side shields or another type of safety glasses.
- Keep your hands safe from becoming burned by spatter or flying sparks by wearing insulated, heat resistant and flame resistant gloves.
- Flame resistant clothing protects the rest of your body from flying sparks or spatter, and a welding blanket will protect the surface where you’re welding.
Now that you have everything you need to protect your body, it’s time to start gathering the welding supplies you need to begin a welding project or job.
- An electrode holder is a necessity. Not only are these insulated holders needed for holding the electrode during the welding process, they’re also used to transfer current to the electrode from the welding machine.
- Used to protect welders from electrical shock, ground clamps are another welding must have. These important safety accessories connect the welding cable to the metal you’re welding, making sure both the enclosure and the ground are on the same level.
- Your collection of welding supplies should also include a chipping hammer for removing slag and cleaning up after a weld.
- Keep a jar of anti-spatter nozzle dip handy, so you can protect the nozzles, tips, fixtures and positioners of your welding guns.
- Rod ovens are the safest way to store all your welding rods. These rod storage ovens keep welding rods stored at an even temperature.
- It’s easier to remove and switch cables from welders when you’re using cable connecters. These welding supplies are great to implement during jobs that require you to change the length of the welding cable multiple times.
- Power cable lugs are used in place of old solder lugs. They provide you with an easier way of inserting the cable into the lugs hole.
Some of the other tools that are important for welding, and help create an easier welding process include soapstone holders, wrap around rulers, connector terminals and metal markers. You can find all of the welding supplies you need at USWeldingSupply.com.